Clean Energy Coalition :: bridging needs. advancing change. :: Green Fleets.
Based on data drawn from an Argonne National Laboratory model, Green Fleets projects will displace at least 1.5 million gallons of petroleum per year, and more than 13 million gallons during the anticipated average 10-year equipment life cycle. The clean fuel vehicles that Green Fleets deploys won’t only displace imported petroleum; they’ll also reduce emissions of harmful compounds and greenhouse gases, such as:
- 261,560 pounds of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emissions annually – over 2.6 million pounds over the life cycle
- 10,933,642 pounds of nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions annually – over 109 million pounds over the life cycle
- 156,859 pounds of particulate matter (PM2.5) emissions annually – over 1.5 million pounds over the life cycle
- 102,611,815 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions annually – over 1.02 billion pounds over the life cycle
- 2,360,232 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions annually – over 23.6 million pounds over the life cycle
What’s being heralded as one of the nation’s first all-electric fleets of taxi cabs could soon be hitting the streets in Arlington, Virginia. The fleet would consist of Nissan Leaf electric cars and would include a supporting infrastructure capable of keeping this fleet going around the clock.
EV Taxicabs, according to the Washington Examiner, needs to first gain approval of th
e Arlington county board of supervisors before it can begin operation. It looks likely it will happen, given that the county manager there has already recommended the company be granted approval for 40 cabs out of a total of 65 new vehicles being added to the county’s existing 765 cabs. Go here for full article.
Millions of Electric Miles | Tesla Motors.
View this dashboard kept by Tesla. It records the number of Tesla Roadsters out there, number of miles driven to date and the number of countries they are driven in. So far they have reached 15,476,130 electric miles driven in 31 countries with only 1850+ Roadsters on the highways. – Valerie